Sunday, February 12, 2012

Chaos in the Universe

Yes, there is chaos. I filled the squirrel feeder this afternoon. Having a squirrel feeder is my way of compromising with the little blighters. Bionic Man says I am putting them all on welfare, AFDS, as it were, and I should stop. But if I provide corn and peanuts to them, they generally leave the 'bird' feeders alone. I guess there is the toe-hanger who cannot be deterred. But this afternoon, things got out of hand. I really think I saw one of the grays chase a brown one off the edge of the deck. I thought for a moment that he had just run over the edge and was hanging there waiting to come back when the bully squirrel retreated, but I watched for quite a while, and he never did come back. I don't want to go downstairs and look for a small squirrel body, smashed on the rocks. It's almost too much.

Then there was the flight we were on 2 weeks ago. The person giving us instructions before we took off, was speaking with a thick dialect of some sort, and was barely intelligible. I am pretty sure he said we should put our 'Hairy' items in the overhead compartments. I was also pretty sure Bionic Man would not fit in the overhead compartment. It turns out they let him ride in his assigned seat. This was good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment