Saturday, July 9, 2011

Peeved by peas

I went to the Farmers' Market this week and purchased a basket of sugar snap peas. It was labeled that way, I assumed that's what they were. But when I went to fix them tonight, thinking I only had to wash them and cooke them, I discovered that they were really, regular peas. This meant that not only did I now have to open them all and dump out the peas, but instead of having a nice pan full of peas, I had 3 tablespoons of peas. Fortunately I did not fix them Thursday night when I had company for dinner. That would have been a tad embarrassing. "Here are your 4 peas. Sorry about that, but they were just regular peas, not sugar snap." And while I was opening them all up, the rice burned. Talk about adding insult to injury. I am really peaved! (I spelled it that way on purpose.)

No comments:

Post a Comment