Friday, March 9, 2012

Decoy Cards and Belly Buttons

I have figured it out! Whenever we stay at a hotel, my key card does not work. It doesn't matter whether we're at the Hyatt in New York City, or the Super 8 in London, Kentucky, Bionic Man has a card that works, and mine doesn't. Tonight I figured it out. He always uses a card and says, "See, it works fine. You take this one." Obviously, he has used it up before he gives it to me. I thought perhaps my magnetic personality was ruining the strip on the card, or mine was the decoy card, You know, like the decoy bag on the airport conveyor belt that keeps all the passengers hopeful. But, no, mine is simply used up.

Which brings me to subject #2, inexplicable teen girls. As we entered the elevator to go up to the third floor, 2 sweet young things, got off the elevator and apologized as they exited. They were wearing swimsuits, giggling, texting, and generally acting teen-like. We puzzled at what, exactly they were apologizing for. But we observed them later in the parking lot, in the lobby, all over, doing the same things, in the same attire. So, were they apologizing for their attire, their rudeness, or their general demeanor? Who can guess? I believe they were a part of a birthday party that was leaving about the time we returned from dinner. Everyone was wearing skinny, tight tops, and they were all about 30 pounds heavier than they should have been in those shirts. We wondered if it was a club for chubby teens, or a belly button organization of some kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment