Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pay Back

I am sure this is payback for the brow plucking. My instrument panel says CHANGE OIL SOON. Bionic Man insists that I have 4% of my 'oil value' left, whatever that means. He says he wants to wait until the bitter end, which may be truer than you think, before he changes the oil. He wants to see how many miles I can get. What he doesn't understand is the level of anxiety I have as I'm driving along on the freeway and these capital letters are staring at me. I try to not stare at them, and think about how I'm going to burn up the engine and the car will roll over and I'll perish in the ditch somewhere, and no one will find me for hours. I know this is something an engineer needs to do as some kind of benchmark. And people wonder how I developed ulcers. But I really think getting down to 4% should be good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment