Saturday, March 5, 2011

traveling cats

Lisa, my niece, emailed me today with exciting news. Purina Cat Chow is conducting interviews for people who would be willing to travel with their cat and blog about it. She thought I might be a likely candidate, since I do have a cat and I like to write. She doesn't know my cat. Feature this--Whenever I have an appointment for Sabrina either for the vet or the groomer, she always knows ahead of time, even though we never speak of it out loud, and I always write it in code on my calendar. When it comes time to leave, she's disappeared. Usually it is under my bed. There is only one side of the bed against the wall and yet she manages to scrunch up in the middle, against the wall. I had to crawl under the bed and grab her. And even though she has no front claws, she somehow grabs onto something, and we wrestle our way out. By now I'm covered in dust elephants, I've moved on from bunnies, and my hair is all askew. When I arrive at the groomers they aren't sure which one of us needs grooming more. And I think I failed to mention that we repeated this performance outside in the parking lot because she always manages to wedge her way under a seat before we arrive. I know what you are thinking. I should get a carrier. I tried that. It was always amazing to me that a 9 pound animal could make herself too large for a carrier. It became a 4 person job to get her in a carrier. And then when we get into the groomer's, she is wrapped around my neck like a mink stole. I am not certain I would want to repeat this on a daily basis over a period of time. I am sure she must have suffered some sort of unspeakable kittenhood trauma.

No comments:

Post a Comment