Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Good Deals

I get these emails all the time for special reduced fares on airlines. They usually get the delete button faster than it takes the squirrels to discover peanuts in the feeder. But this time I thought, well let's just see what you can do for me on a flight between where we live and where my parents live. Now, it's only about 400 miles, and is about a 50 minute flight, normally. We usually always drive it in around 6.5 hours, depending on number of stops and so on. However, there have been issues lately and a need to go more often. So, let's just see. I typed in the itinerary, and waited while it was thinking. The 'good deal' they could offer me was a flight that would take about 5 hours, due to 2 layovers that were wildly out of the way. And for this gloriously lengthy flight, and 2 plane changes, I was privileged to pay around $550. Normally it's around $299. Well, I guess THAT website is not all it's cracked up to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment