Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pain Level 1

Bionic man has wild eyebrows. No one would dispute me here. From time to time I suggest that he get them professionally groomed. He scoffs at such decadence. He says they are a distinctive part of his persona as a scientist.*(See the mad scientist in Back to the Future) However, once in a blue moon, I can't stand it anymore when one of those recalcitrant hairs starts to impede his vision. Do you put a barrette in it? I think I could have braided and beaded these this morning. So I very quietly got up from breakfast to fetch a pair of tweezers. (By the way, I have found THE best tweezers ever invented, Uncle Bill's Silver Gripper, The tweezers with Pin Point Precision). I arrived back at the table, tweezers in hand, and announced that several of those brow hairs had to go. Reluctantly he agreed I could operate. After pulling 2, and showing him the offenders, he looked at me with sad eyes and said, "Am I bleeding?" I asked him on a scale of 1 to 10, what his pain level really was and he admitted it was only a 1, which, when you think about the incident in the emergency room when he broke his hip and told the nurse his pain level was only a 2, is pretty enormous. He also admits he must have been in shock when he said that.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, ha! I get those unruly eyebrow hairs, too. But, I trim them with a scissors, that way they (like our lawn) grow back fuller and prettier. {~grin~}

    By the way, I love the "Bionic Man" nickname! I guess accidents have their consequences, eh?

    ReplyDelete