Sunday, June 26, 2011

Trip To SC--Chapter 1

Last week I was in South Carolina visiting my grandchildren and those 2 people they live with. It was the fourth birthday of William and his mother had suggested that Grandma make some costumes for him. He likes to play at make believe and the costumes would be just the thing. Per the request, I made him a dragon/dinosaur costume, which was pretty awesome, if I do say so. I also made a knight costume which was enhanced by some purchased items. The last thing was a cowboy hat, and others contributed a 6 shooter, holster and belt. We were set. He tried on the knight first and announced that "Now I really need a horse." I agreed and suggested he get permission from his father. : ) But he wore the dinosaur costume most of the day. He had it on when we went to McDonald's for lunch. Upon reflection, however, he had me help him take it off before we went inside. "I don't want to scare the people in there." I thought that was really cute, and thoughtful of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment